Engagement is critical when it comes to Facebook. It doesn’t matter if you have 100,000+ fans on Facebook if nobody is engaging with your posts!
The more engagement you get, the more your post stays on top of their newsfeeds…
The more you stay up top in their newsfeeds, the more the viral your posts go…
The more viral your posts go, the more EXPOSURE you (and your brand) get.
And the more exposure you get, the more traffic, leads, and sales you get… all FREE, from Facebook because of increased engagement with your posts!
Today is a quick read, and will help you get some traction on Facebook with your status updates…
5 Tips to Get More Engagement on Facebook with Your Status Updates
- Pictures: Images can say a thousand words when used with your status updates on Facebook. You can even get more engagement on your page when you are using pictures of yourself. Pictures of you performing some type of action in the photo tells a better story. Here are a few examples: Working on your PC, talking on the phone, pictures related to your product, opportunity or service etc… Also, feel free to ask for the “share” or the “like”. For example: If you love this picture click “like” or If you agree with this be sure to “share” with your friends.
- Videos: My favourite type of content to promote on Social Media. Uploading videos in your status updates get higher levels of engagement, Likes, Shares and comments. You can make all kinds of videos that will increase your overall engagement to get leads & sales. Facebook Live video is all the rage right now, and for good reason! This is the closest you can come to visiting your audience in person and the impact this can have is gigantic.
- Fill In The Blank: Let people engage with you by letting them share their perspective with you. Example: When I’m making my first 6 Figures in business I will _______.
When you ask the right questions, you will get your fans talking on your Fan Page. While you do want to be entertaining (it’s one of the main reasons people go on Facebook, to be entertained) there is a right way and a wrong way. The right way is to ask simple questions that can be answered quickly by your fans. Always remember that people love to talk about themselves and feel as if they are helping. When you engage with your fans correctly using these examples you will see a significant increase in your fan engagement.
- Adding Quotes: People love seeing quotes, however, take it a step further. When you copy the quote in your status update field, add your own thoughts about that quote a couple of spaces down. This really helps with getting more exposure…
- Value Updates: Share updates that describe your best practices you’ve used to generate leads and sales. Most people tend to struggle to generate leads online and when you share great tips it increases your engagement.
There are many kinds of post to increase your exposure to get leads and sales. The main thing to remember is to be consistent with your activity on Facebook.
Think of your page as a community of people all hanging out for the same reason or another. Whatever your brand is making sure to build upon that brand. Be specific so your fans know what they can expect by becoming a fan of your Facebook Fan Page.
For example: Create a welcome video on your application tab of your Facebook Fan Page stating, who you are, what you are passionate about, what will your fan get from being a part of your Facebook Fan Page community, and encourage feedback from them once they click the “like” button.