Now that you understand more about taking and using photos, it’s important to grasp the best practices. For example, using just any old photo or image won’t help you accomplish your goals. Photos should convey a message that resonates with your viewer. In short, they should help you connect with people on some level. Of course, this will vary depending on your niche, brand, and the action you want them to take.
To help you get started, here are a few visual content ideas you may want to try:
- Images of your products or services
- Images of your customers using your products
- Events your brand is participating in
- Images of your employees or customers
- Photos showing how your product is made or specific features of your products
- Images of upcoming promotions, products or events
- Entertaining, funny, or cute images that show your fans you’re human.
- Post exclusive deals on your Instagram for your followers. Share an image with instructions on how to use the deal.
Here are six content strategy tips to help you choose the right image:
1. Choose images that are cohesive to your brand. The colours, style, and the message should all relate to your marketing message and should be cohesive to all your marketing materials.
2. Choose images that elicit an emotional response from your followers or create a buzz. For example, cute, funny, beautiful or inspiring all elicit some type of emotional response.
3. Follow a theme if possible. This ties all your images together and creates a storyline.
4. Try not to be overly promotional with your photos. Look for creative ways to include your products in your images. Share images related to your brand.
5. Create visuals around a text. Use quotes, helpful tips or inspirational thoughts with an appropriate image.
6. Keep the captions short and fresh with hashtags. Ask questions to engage your followers.